Your other rural risks

From house to horse floats you have assets worth protecting.  As New Zealand's leading rural insurer, we have a range of products personalised to meet your needs.  Here's a quick summary on the cover we offer.  For more information please click on the links below.


  • Cover for your horse floats and trucks.
  • Emergency agistment costs if you have an accident, up to $500.
  • Emergency vet costs if you have an accident, up to $500.
  • You are also covered for up to $500,000 if your horse escapes from your horse float or horse truck and causes injury to another person, or damage to vehicles or property.

Click here for more information on private vehicles.


  • Your tack is included in our House Contents policy, which means you don't need to take out two separate policies.
  • You can also choose to purchase our Lifestyle Block Contents benefit which offers up to $5,000 of cover for your lifestyle block plant, machinery or equipment.
  • If your property is larger than a lifestyle block, you're likely to have different insurance needs.  You can also choose to purchase our other optional benefits which include items such as baled hay. 

Click here for more information on farm contents and here for household contents.


  • Your tack shed, stables, truck or float shed and covered arenas are insured under our Farm Buildings policy.
  • You can also choose to purchase an optional benefit which insures your farm buildings for natural disaster.
  • If the fencing optional benefit listed under 'House' below won't meet your needs, our Farm Buildings policy may be more appropriate, which offers cover for farm fencing.  Our Farm Buildings policy also offers cover for such things as farm bridges, underpasses, culverts, wells and other unspecified farm buildings.

Click here for more information on farm buildings.



  • We offer cover for your home, garages, patios, tennis courts, swimming pools, driveways and domestic fencing.
  • You can also choose to purchase our Lifestyle Block Fencing benefit which covers your fencing or windbreaks on your block up to $5,000.

Click here for more information on house insurance.


  • Liability insurance will cover you for the damage you cause to the property of others, or the injury of another person.
  • You're also covered if an animal escapes from your property and causes an accident.
  • Our Forest & Rural Fires Act Liability offers cover up to $1,000,000 under Sections 46 and 46A where you are responsible for the fire, and under Section 43 where costs are recoverable from you to put the fire out.  
  • We also offer cover if you're not liable, but feel morally responsible.  Included in our standard liability cover, our Moral Obligation benefit allows you to make a payment giving you greater flexibility to help the suffering party recover.

Click here for more information on liability insurance.


To find out more talk to FMG today.  Give us a call on 0800 366 466, or request a proposal by clicking here.


This is just a summary of our products and services and is subject to our specific product documentation.  For full details, you should refer to the relevant policy wordings here.