If you’re graduating in 2015 and want to start your career with New Zealand’s leading rural insurer, the FMG Graduate Programme is the opportunity for you. Please note applications are now closed.
Join FMG’s Graduate Programme and begin your career at one of New Zealand’s Best Places to Work - as voted by our people!
How it works
The programme takes between 12 and 18 months and is completed in two stages.
- For the first four to six months you’ll be attending orientation and training, and learning about our different business units. You’ll be based in Palmerston North – the original home of FMG.
- Over the next 6 to 12 months you’ll become a Trainee Graduate, based at any of our 30 offices nationwide.
Once you’ve successfully completed the programme you’ll become a Rural Consultant, Rural Manager or a Commercial Manager. Your final location will be determined by the role available so you need to be flexible about relocating. We’ll help with the moving costs and take your preferences into account.
What’s in it for you
We value the specialist skills agriculture graduates bring to our organisation. We offer a range of benefits while you’re in the programme as well as when you successfully complete it, including:
- significant investment in your training and development, internal mentoring and coaching
- a competitive salary
- financial assistance to complete the ANZIIF Certificate in General Insurance
- accommodation and a living allowance while you train
- the opportunity to fast-track into one of our frontline roles
- a mobile phone, laptop and company car (depending on your role)
- life insurance and disability income protection
- discounts on some FMG products
- discounts through some of our partners like Farmlands, Swazi and Southern Cross.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for graduates with:
- a land based, primary industry, business or other relevant degree
- a strong affinity for the rural sector
- the motivation and drive to succeed in an organisation where you’ll build a fantastic career, not just a job.
How to apply
Applications for 2016 are now open - closing 23rd August 2015.
Find out more
You can send us a message or call us on 0800 366 466 to speak to our HR Consultant, Emma Osmond.