Financial Support

Financial Support

Rural Assistance Payments

Rural Assistance Payments (RAPs) may be made available during or after a medium- or large-scale adverse event.

RAPs are for people whose main income comes from primary industries and who cannot meet essential living costs because of the event.

If you’re a farmer and have been affected by an adverse event (eg, flood or drought) which is classed as medium or large-scale by the Minister for Primary Industries, you may be able to get a Rural Assistance Payment.

Some conditions must be met which includes checks for other income, personal (non-farm) assets and a cash asset review.

For more information on RAPs please contact your local Rural Support Trust on 0800 787 254.

Or head to for more information.