FMG is encouraging clients to call them if they need any insurance advice for Moving Day, particularly if they’re navigating the recent floods.
“We acknowledge that farmers will have a lot to think about around Moving Day, particularly with the impacts of the flooding in Canterbury. Keeping safe is foremost but we also want clients to know that we’re here and ready to help with advice and any insurance-related questions they may have” says FMG’s Chief Claims Officer Nathan Barrett.
“We’re contacting our clients directly offering support and we also encourage them to give us a call.”
Mr. Barrett says that any farmer, contract or sharemilker who has needed to make changes to their Moving Day plans, or have any concerns about re-locating at this time, should get in touch with FMG.
“FMG has specialist Transit insurance policies, including livestock transit, and with the recent flooding, you may need to consider cover for transportation risks. It’s really important that this is arranged with us before hitting the road.
"June 1 also happens to be a common date for covers expiring and renewals coming up for many FMG clients. Now more than ever, we want to make sure you maintain 'continuity of cover'. If you have any concerns around your annual insurance renewal, then please contact us."
Claim numbers from the floods are relatively low at this time but that FMG expects that to change in the coming days and weeks as people get the opportunity to assess damage around their property.
For those yet to assess damage, FMG has included the advice below:
- Please do not do anything that puts your safety at risk
- You can carry out emergency repairs—for example, making buildings safe and weatherproof
- Please take photos of any damage you’re repairing as this will likely make up part of your insurance claim
- Please call FMG before carrying out non-essential repairs
- If you need to throw items out, such as food which has perished, please take photos of these first
- Where you can, take photos of any damage to support your claim. The more photos the better
- Please be aware of any biosecurity requirements in place, for example if you need to move stock between properties and if you’re moving cattle or deer, please ensure you comply with all NAIT obligations.
FMG clients needing to make a claim can call us on 0800 366 466 or begin the claims process online. Up to date advice and insurance cover information is available online at fmg.co.nz.