By Michael Van de Elzen
Cook time: 5 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 6 whole snapper, filleted and deskinned
- 1 cup of curry paste
For the curry paste
- 2 onions, peeled
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 stalks of lemongrass
- 1 knob Galangal
- 2 chili, you choose how hot!
- 2 Tbsp cumin seeds, roasted
- 2 Tbsp coriander seeds, roasted
- 1 cup of coriander stems, reserve the top for garnish
- 6 makrut (kaffir) lime leaves
- 4 Tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
To make the curry paste, prep all the ingredients and blend together until smooth or smash together in a pestle and mortar.
Cover the snapper in the curry paste and set aside to marinate.
Heat a number of cast iron fry pans and quickly coat the snapper with a little oil before frying them in the fry pans.
Remove and allow to rest before plating.