Here you’ll find details of the selection process, terms and conditions of the FMG Agriculture Scholarship.
A selection committee will consider all eligible applications received.
1. A payment of $5,000 towards course fees will be made by FMG directly to Massey, Waikato or Lincoln University.
2. The scholarship amount of $5,000 per annum will be paid for three consecutive years, subject to all terms being met. For undergraduate degrees that are equivalent to four years full-time study, this may, at FMG’s sole discretion, be extended to a maximum of four consecutive years.
3. Only students entering their first year of the following degree courses full-time at either Lincoln, Waikato or Massey University are eligible for an FMG Agriculture Scholarship:
4. The FMG Scholarship is subject to renewal at the beginning of each academic year. In order to continue receiving payments, scholarship recipients must maintain at least a 4.0 (B-) grade point average.
5. Recipients must disclose to FMG any other scholarships awarded during the term of their FMG Agriculture Scholarship. If the recipient has been awarded a scholarship that provides the same offer as FMG’s Agriculture Scholarship (i.e. tuition), FMG may withdraw its scholarship at its sole discretion.
6. Recipients authorise the release of their academic results from Massey, Waikato or Lincoln University to FMG upon the completion of each semester.
7. Recipients agree to provide FMG with a brief report on how their studies are progressing at the end of each academic year (1 – 2 pages).
8. FMG may feature FMG Agriculture Scholars in promotional material and activities including, but not limited to, news media, printed brochures, FMG corporate website, social media and partner promotions.
9. Recipients agree to promote the FMG Agriculture Scholarship programme positively and will make themselves available for two FMG promotional events for each year a scholarship payment is received. This includes, but is not limited to, Fieldays, FMG AGM and career days.
10. FMG may, at any time, suspend or revoke the scholarship if the recipient engages in any conduct that, in the opinion of FMG, does or may reflect poorly on FMG’s brand and reputation.
11. Subject to the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right of access to and correction of your information. This is held by FMG at 284-292 Church St, Palmerston North.
12. Winning applications become the property of FMG. Excerpts from the Achievements and Written Question sections may be used for promotional purposes.